Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Humor

"humor (hyoo-mor)) n. 1. the quality of being amusing. 2. the ability to perceive and enjoy amusement, sense of humor.

Because I have bought tickets to a number of events held at the Playhouse, Fredericton's art venue, we received 2 free tickets to Jamie Atkins! in Typo. This young man is a clown acrobat who puts on a delightful show that appeals to both adults and children. At least it appealed to the people in the audience this evening. I found it interesting what got the laughs. Slapstick comedy of the Charley Chaplin/3 Stooges type has never appealed to me personally. I don't get it. I can admire Jamie Adkins for his physical abilities, he can juggle, walk a rope and balance on a ladder in ways I would never contemplate. As was said in the introduction to the show, "Don't try this at home"! All this I could applaud, the humor behind the show, however, I didn't find humorous.

I sometimes wonder if there is a humor gene that I am missing." I whisper.

Are you listening?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home