Friday, November 25, 2005

Community 1

"I am working at changing my life. I know what I need to make me happy. I need interaction with others. The problem is obtaining it. I have sat at home for 3 years and quess what? No one has come knocking at my door wanting to be friends! I have reached the point where my need outways my fear. I am reaching out to others in the hopes that I can find common gound with someone, anyone.

Today I started tutoring a woman in English. She has arrived here with limited or no English and in 4 months has amassed an amazing vocabulary. Now she needs to learn to use that knowledge to communicate with others. She has the words but not the ability. I can give her this and in the process I will gain something as well. I will have purpose, which I lack. I will have something to do once a week and hopefully I will gain a friend.

If for one afternoon a week I feel usefull and complete I will not be so lonely. Now the task involves filling the other hours and days with interaction, with people. I am hoping that one by one I can build my own community to support me and whom I can support. One person cannot give me all that I need, I need more, I need you," I whisper.

Are you listening?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home