Sunday, May 21, 2006

Clothes Shopping

"I am going to be attending a good friend's wedding in June. I wanted to wear a dress and as I don't have one (I am basically a jeans and t-shirt kind of person), I decided to check out one of my favourite stores Coldwater Creek. I have loved their clothes for years, the arrival of their catalogue always a source of joy. It is beautifully put together and I can dream for hours over the pages. I have never had an occasion I thought was fitting for their clothes. Now I do and I thought I was worth the money and so would indulge.

Imagine my disappointment, when after spending hours perusing the pages, learning about different body shapes and what type of clothes look good with what type of body, after finally making a decision and picking up the phone to order, to find that my body dimensions wouldn't fit into any of the dresses I had chosen. If they fit in the bust, they wouldn't in the waist. If they fit in the waist, they wouldn't in the bust. I don't think I am odd shaped, in fact I look alot like most 48 year old women, a little on the plump side, but not fat. My problem is I have both hips and a bust! If I was smaller busted I could find a dress to fit. If I was smaller waisted I probably could. The fact that I take a petite doesn't help either. There is not as much choice if you are 5'4" and under.

There has to be a dress out there somewhere that I could fit but I guess I won't find anything before I leave for B.C. so will have to settle for pants and a top, at least that way I can get something that fits both halves of me. Now of course the question will be, can I find something I like? Oh it is hard being a middle aged female who NEVER finds clothes she likes that fit", I whisper.

Are you listening?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home