Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Online Magazines

"I subscribe to a number of online magazines. I love reading them, they offer an alternative viewpoint to almost everything that one finds in our daily newspapers. One of my favourites is Grist Magazine. Today there was an article on an American soldier who studied the birds of Iraq while he was stationed there. Check it out in the article Wing Man.

Another favourite of mine is Mother Jones. Yesterday I was shocked to read this article on American Vets. I certainly hope that Canada's veterans are treated better by their government than American vets are treated by the government of the most powerful country in the world. Did you know that there are 400,000 homeless veterans in America. Men and women who have served their country, given up chunks of their lives for their country and then end up homeless, on the streets without the medical or psychiatric care they require. It is beyond shameful.

I love these magazines. Would love to find more like them. Does anyone have any good links? Please share them if you do." I whisper.

Are you listening?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home