Friday, April 28, 2006

New Brunswick Art

"Investors Group had an open house today, show casing local artists and their work. Wow, there are talented people in the area. There were paintings, pottery, silk paintings, decorated furniture and wood turnings. The beautiful vases made out of birdseye maple that I would just love to have were of course way way out of my price range. I don't have an extra $3000 just laying around!

The silk paintings were exquisite and there are one or two places I can imagine hanging one. Again though, way out of my range. It seems that everything I like, is expensive. Maybe that is why I have such a hard time finding clothes I like. I never go into the expensive stores, if I did, perhaps I would find something!

I received a beautiful cobalt blue vase for christmas, made by a local artist. Isn't it terrible, I can't remember his name. I would love to collect a piece of pottery by every potter in New Brunswick. They are all so different and yet wonderful. I would have no problem finding homes for them. I find pottery I like a lot more frequently than I find paintings. I would like to find something nice to hang on my wall. Maybe if I keep going to art shows I will." I whisper.

Are you listening?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home