Thursday, April 27, 2006

Dreams

"I'm trying to keep a dream journal. Guess what? In the month since I started, I have had only 2 dreams that I remember. Hard to track your dreams and figure out what they mean when you can't remember them.

Dream Number 1: I am in a room with a little girl. She is about 3 with long dark hair. There is a voice, I don't know who it belongs to, asking me where I want to live, Fredericton, Victoria or Toronto. Before I can answer, the little girl says "Toronto". We then are in a loft apartment. The dream ends with me knowing the girl is myself, as a child.

Dream Number 2: I am on a bus with a group of people. I do not know on waking, whether or not I know them. The bus stops in a woods and we get off. I walk down a path and find myself on a beach. However, instead of sand, the beach is made of salt. It is huge, salt in all directions, dunes and piles of it. I walk and find myself on one of the dunes. Ahead of me are houses, I walk through 3 of the yards and find myself in the fourth yard. The yard slopes away from me down the salt dune. There is a beautiful garden, a man is working in the garden tending the flowers. He looks up and me and smiles. I say "Food for the soul". I awake.

I googled some of the symbols in these dreams. Didn't help much. Here is what I found.

Salt:

Soul Future says:
Salt is well known for its healing properties, possibly highlighting areas of your life that require healing
Spirituality or religion, the state of your own spirituality, the divine within you
Being coated in salt may imply feeling emotionally drained
A need to preserve yourself or your resources
Tears
Adding flavour to something that is bland or unappealing
Somebody who is not entirely truthful, needs to be taken with a grain of salt
Aggravating something or making it worse, rubbing salt in the wound
Somebody who is reliable, honest, trustworthy, hard-working, salt of the Earth

Dream Central had this to say:
Salt in a dream is an unhappy symbol that brings chaos and discord with it. Dreaming of salt will denote that things around you will get a little fouled up and slightly askew, to put it mildly. You will find quarrels in the family and with friends break out at the drop of a hat with little or no provocation. Should you be salting meat in your dream then will you find that debts you owe begin to fall behind and you get continually harassed over them.

Whereas The Meaning of Your Dreams says:
Preservation. Zest. Maybe there is something that you want to enhance in your life.

Garden:

Soul Future says:
The state of the garden may mirror your relationship with your inner being
A beautiful garden may indicate place of peace, tranquility, beauty, cultivation and transformation
A derelict garden may imply a need to cultivate more beauty, or seek out more beauty within everything
A fruitful garden may symbolize pregnancy, fertility or abundance

Dream Central had this to say:
A garden filled with fresh growing vegetables denotes that you will be prosperous only if you exercise diligence in caring for your business. If your dream garden is of flowers and fresh green trees then it foretells of a true love and a pleasant home in lovely surroundings. Should the garden be dying then you must take steps to secure your enterprise.

Whereas The Meaning of Your Dreams says: Big happiness. Inner self . Suitable time to pursue love affairs.


Child:
Soul Future says:
Having the opportunity to begin anew
Comforting a child may represent nurturing your inner child
Fun, joy, spontaneity, lack of inhibition
A need to revisit a childhood issue
A premonition about having a child or a desire to conceive
Teasing, joking, deceiving, kidding around

Whereas The Meaning of Your Dreams says: Innocence. The new self seeking to develop. Part of self nature is childlike.

Apartment

Soul Future says:
An attic (loft?) may represent any or all of the 5th, 6th and 7th chakras
Your higher consciousness
The mind or intellect
Adopting a higher, greater or more holistic perspective
The condition of the attic will provide further interpretational clues e.g. a cluttered attic may suggest an area of your life that requires attention or cleansing

Dream Central had this to say:
A dream of an apartment is usually a simple dream and shows the dreamer the state of finances or other situation he or she may be involved in. A beautiful, lavish apartment indicates you will see a large increase in your income or your family life will improve. If the apartment is shabby and dark then you will experience misfortune and possible loss of a husband, lover, or money. Try to recall the other symbols that caught your eye in your dream and you will come close to approximating it's meaning.

Whereas The Meaning of Your Dreams says: A part of the total house of self. Avoiding rivals.

Interesting, isn't it?" I whisper.

Are you listening?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home