Thursday, April 20, 2006

Comedy

"I hate it when I have to admit I'm wrong. Maybe it is because I am so seldom wrong. (Insert laugh here) Tonight though, I must plead guilty to being wrong, not just a little bit wrong, but extremely wrong. And the worst part of it, is I am wrong about me, personally, how I would feel and react, something I was so sure that I knew, oh so well.

Here's the story, what little "free" money my partner and I have, we invest through Investors Group. Once a year, as a thank you to their clients, they put on "The Atlantic Comedy Tour", a free evening of standup comedy with a champagne reception to start. Up until this point I have always said (heavy empahsis here) "I hate standup comedy". But I never turn down free entertainment so off we went to the Fredericton Playhouse for an evening I anticipated with about as much enthusiasium as a visit to the dentist.

We were to be amused by Andrew Grose, Tim Nutt and Mike MacDonald. Well I drank my free glass of champagne ( note: one should not eat a tic tac prior to drinking champagne, ruins the flavor. Dah!), sat down and waited to be " not amused".

Well for the next two hours I laughed so hard I thought I would pee my pants, gave myself a headache and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Not a bad way to spend an evening. Thought Andrew Grose was very clever and Mike MacDonald was ok. Some of his stuff I didn't find funny. Must admit though, my favourite was Tim Nutt, his humor was hilarious. Who knew the purchase of a toilet bowl plunger could be so amusing!" I whisper.

Are you listening?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home