Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Mourning Doves

"Today, I really know it's spring. I was awakened this morning by one of the loveliest sounds there is, the sound of a mourning dove, oo-ah? cooo-cooo-coo. You know that spring is on it's way when you hear the sounds of birds again. Mourning doves are a beautiful, but soft colored bird. I love to watch them pecking up the corn and millet I scatter on the ground for them. I love the sound of their wings as a flock of them take off into the bright summer sky. And I love to see the odd pair over winter silently sitting on snow covered branches. But I love them best in the spring for they tell of the renewal of life, that the spring flowers will come, the leaves will bud out and soon the summer birds will return in all their brilliant glory." I whisper.

Are you listening?

1 Comments:

At 7:06 PM, Blogger Tapi said...

that must be nice, here all we have is the screeching of the magpies to let us know that its spring, though it is nice just to see it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home