Thursday, March 23, 2006

Isis - The Lady of Ten Thousand Names

" A beautiful very old poem I read today. Makes so much more sense than a male creator.
I am the goddess, mistress of the land.
It is I who created the unbreakable laws.
It is I who divided earth and the heavens.
It is I who charted the stars.
It is I who set the moon and sun overhead.
It is I who ordered the tides.
It is I who brought men and women together
and I who created all the mysteries.
It is I who made justice stronger than wealth,
and I who designed penalties for evil.
It is I who first created mercy,
and I who metes it out.
I am the queen of earth and wind and sea,
queen of the thunder, queen of the sun.
Only I can overcome fate.
Only I can overcome death.

Song of Isis, from Egypt

Isn't it beautiful?" I whisper.

Are you listening?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home