Thursday, May 25, 2006

Red Hats

"When I started this blog back in November I was searching for ways to enrich my life, to find people to be part of my life so I would not feel so isolated and alone. I have been very successful I think. One of the groups I have become connected with is a delightful group of women called the Divine Divas of the Red Hat, a local chapter of the international group the Red Hat Society. Although the Red Hat Society is for women age 50 and above, if younger women want to join (like me, only "48"), they can, they just wear pink hats and lavender clothes instead of the red hats and purple clothes. There is no point to the group except to have fun. That is what makes it so nice. Women have a tendency to always be helping others, doing very little just for themselves. Well this group isn't like that. We do things just for fun. Tonight we had a potluck supper at one of the members homes. It was delicious and the company was wonderful. Lots of good conversation and laughs. I am very glad I found this group of women." I whisper.

Are you listening?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home