Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The First Casualty

"Well it's happened, the first of my daughter's friends who are currently serving in Afghanistan was wounded. He was in an explosion and got shrapnel in his eye. They don't know if he will regain his sight or not. This current deployment is only a month old and already there have been, including Sarah's friend, about 6 men injured in that period of time. They are there for 6-9 months. At this rate there could be 36 to 54 wounded in that period of time. And then there will be the dead. Why can't men find another way to solve their differences, rather than by killing and destroying?" I whisper.

Are you listening?

2 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Alisa,

Just to let you know I read your blog after I received a postcard from you.

Seems to me that you'ld get angry with these wars going on. My sons are only -nearly- 8 and 4, and I certainly hope they will never ever have to find out what a war really means...

Bye!

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger Tapi said...

women serve in the armed forces and are just as susceptible to blind nationalistic pride as men. We lose the human race together gender has no bearing on it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home