Sunday, February 18, 2007

Life Update

"Life has been a little hectic these past couple of days. Today we took Phillip to Moncton for his last 6 week course of his apprenticeship. we went maternity clothes shopping with Sarah and found some sweet things. Fredericton has nothing in the way of maternity clothes so was glad to finally find some.

Last night just after midnight my mom called from Victoria. My sister who has breast cancer had just had to go to the hospital. She has been fighting an infection for the past 4 days and her doctor called and told her it was staph infection in her blood and if she didn't get antibiotics immediately she would be dead within 12 hours. She spent 4 hours on intravenous and then was sent home. There were 70 people in emergency that needed to be admitted and only 25 beds. She got home just after 1:30 in the morning and had to be back at the hospital for 7:30am to do it all over again. I just talked to my mom and found out she has to go back to the hospital at 8pm for another 4 hours of intervenous antibiotic therapy. This will continue until the infection is gone. Her next chemo treatment is in 1 1/2 weeks. If the infection isn't gone, that will have to be postponed.

I am finding all the stress of Sarah's pregnacy, my sister's illness and my mother's advancing age and subsequent problems to be very stressfull and it is causing me to have problems with my fibromyalgia. And that doesn't include all the stuff in my own life!! Well, I can never complain that I lead a dull life, that's for sure." I whisper.

Are you listening?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home