Sunday, January 28, 2007

January's Quotes

"This month has been a very political month for me. Our government is sending more troops to Afghanistan, a move I really disagree with. Women in Black has stood in vigil against this movement of troops. We believe that rather than sending more men and women to Afganistan we should be bringing our troops home. Not supporting the war, does not mean that we don't support our men and women who are sent to fight a war they have no business being involved in. CBC Radio interviewed me and 2 other members of the Fredericton Peace Coalition. At the end of the interview, the reporter asked me if I had anything more to say. The only thing I had to add was that I wished that the people of Fredericton who do not support the war would be willing to stand up and be counted. Here are some quotes that address the issue of being afraid to speak your mind, of being afraid of what others might think of your activism.


"Courage is not the absence of fear, it's the control of fear."
~Dickey Chapelle

"The accomplice to the crime of corruption is frequently our own indifference."
~Bess Myerson

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says, 'I'll try again tomorrow'"
~Mary Anne Radmacher

"Anything I've ever done that ultimately was worthwhile . . initially scared me to death."
~Betty Bender

"I'm tired of being labeled anti-American because I ask questions."
~Susan Sarandon

"The most effective way to do it, is to do it."
~Toni Cade Bambara


Will you speak out?" I whisper.

Are you listening?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home