Monday, January 15, 2007

Winter

"It's snowing. It is finally starting to feel like winter, cold, dark and snowy. I love this time of year. I just wish it had come earlier. I hate leaving here in 2 weeks for my holiday in B.C. and leaving Sarah alone to cope with 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 birds, getting to and from school and all the other things she has to deal with if we are going to have bad weather. I know a friend will come and plow the driveway if it snows alot; another friend will check on her to make sure she is surviving; her brother will come out once a week to empty the 2 kitty litter boxes (pregnant women do NOT handle used kitty litter!); and I can keep in touch via text messaging and phone calls. It's not the same thing though, as being here to give her a hug when she is down, making a cup of tea for her when she is too tired to climb the stairs or watching Grey's Anatomy on Thursday nights curled up on the couch together. Now, instead of wishing for snow and cold, I am hoping we have only good weather. Weird isn't it, we are just never satisfied with what we have. We always want something different." I whisper.

Are you listening?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home