Saturday, January 06, 2007

Children of Men

"Saw this movie last night and I have to agree with the critics this is a wonderful movie. I always enjoy a good "end of the world" type movie and because this is set in the immediate future, it is not only recognizable but terrifingly possible. It tells of a time when women become infertile. Now along with all of the stories we hear about the need for invitro fertilization, surrogate mothers etc. I am also reading stories about men's infertility, caused by chemicals and, believe it or not, cell phone use. With all of this, it is not hard to invision a time when no children are conceived. I sat beside my daughter, 6 months pregnant with her first child, knowing that birth really is a miracle and wondered what would a world without the possiblity of such event really be like. I don't want to ever find out." I whisper.

Are you listening?

3 Comments:

At 12:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw the preview for that movie the other day for the first time. It looked very good. Glad to hear it is. Maybe I can convince my dh to spring for a movie and a babysitter sometime soon. (*here's hoping*)

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger Blogger Charles LeBlanc said...

If you have any good photos you wish to share with the public?

Send them to me at

oldmaison@yahoo.com

oldmaison.blogspot.com

P.S. The only way I found your blog was someone was in my blog visiting from your site.

See ya....

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Alisa said...

Hi Silverstorm, Hope you get to see it. If he doesn't want to go, why not go by yourself or ask a friend? Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home