Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Review of 2006's New Year Resolutions

"This is the time of year I always set my goals for the rest of the year. Last year I posted 10 goals for 2006. In review I didn't do too bad, but wasn't perfect either. I guess that means there is still room for improvement.

Here is a look at how I did.

#1 Lose 20lbs - Well I must admit this one was a total flop didn't lose an ounce. But I also didn't gain anything either, so it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

#2 Spend more time with my daughter - This one was a partial success. While she wasn't at home, I did have some "dates" with her and loved them. Now that she is back home, we have been spending more time together, but it is still something that I need to pay attention to.

#3 Write my mother weekly - Well some months I have managed fine and others I haven't. Over all though, I did much better in 2006 than the previous year. Still there is room for improvement.

#4 Maintain Friendships - Now this one I have done really well on. In fact I have expanded my list of friends and have deepened the relationship I have with friends I already had. I count this a success and will continue on this path.

#5 Finish things I have started - Does everyone know what ROFL means. Cause that's me right now. Don't think I finished one thing. Ah well, there's always this year.

#6 Read more books - The number stayed the same 50 books in 2006. The vast majority were non fiction and much longer books. Does that count? I have read some great books this past year. Boy there are such interesting ones out there. If only there were more hours in the day.

#7 Enjoy Nature more - Well, this year I did get out more than the previous year, but not as much as I would have liked. One thing I have done though, is enjoy every full moon sitting at our fire pit with my partner. That has been very centering for me and it is a definite part of our life now.

#8 Be more environmentally friendly - This was a great success. I have gone to ebills, paperless bank statements, increased what I recycle and have donated lots through freecycle. My house is much emptier and my spirit much lighter without the clutter. I have found new places to recycle things like egg cartons and plastic containers. Our local food bank takes them. Altogether a success.

#9 Spend more time developing a spiritual life - This has proven difficult. Something I really need to work on.

#10 Be me - I think this has also been a tremendous success. I am happier and more content when I am authentic. It might have caused problems in at least one relationship but over all it has only benefited me. A resolution I would highly recommend and one that I shall continue to make part of my life.

What should I aim for this year?" I whisper.

Are you listening?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home