Thursday, November 30, 2006

Happy Birthday Sarah

"Today is my daughter Sarah's birthday. She is 21 years old. She was a week late and arrived when Victoria was covered with snow. It's funny, 21 years later and once again it is. We aren't there to enjoy it, but some is expected here in New Brunswick tonight. That will be nice.

Sarah was 8 lbs 6oz when she was born. My son had been 6lbs 8ozs, so when I saw Sarah for the first time, I couldn't believe she was a new born. You think funny things when you have just given birth! Sarah was wide eyed and in love with the world from the first moment she arrived. She has always been enthusiastic, kind, compassioniate and loving. That's not to say perfect, because she has her moments, like we all do.

Sarah has taught me more than anyone else has. Knowing her has forced me to push my boundaries; understand that everyone is NOT like me and then accept them for who they are; and she has taught me how to be more spontaneous.

So on her 21st birthday I would like to thank my daughter Sarah for the gift she has been to me. I love her dearly and am so proud of the beautiful young woman she has become. Happy Birthday, baby girl," I whisper.

Are you listening?

1 Comments:

At 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

May every year have "Happy Feet" to come....;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home