Monday, November 13, 2006

Good Books

"I have been doing some very interesting reading lately and thought I would pass on a few titles. A History of the World in 6 Glasses, by Tom Standage is a fascinating account of the history of beer, wine, hard liquor, tea, coffee and coca cola. It is incredible how these drinks have influenced the very course of history. An easy read and well worth it.

Next up, If this is your land, Where are your stories? by J. Edward Chamberlin makes me envious. If only I could write so well! A must read for anyone interested in the stories we tell and how they connect and seperate various cultures.

And last but by no means least Looking in the Distance by Richard Holloway is a book discussing the search for meaning in a world where there seems to be no straight path but only doubts and fears.

All of these books are well worth reading," I whisper.

Are you listening?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home