Thursday, November 02, 2006

Women in Black

"Tomorrow is our vigil day. I love to go but I am always worried whether anyone else will show. I can't stand alone, but hate to always call and ask if people are going to be there. I have to take a taxi into town and hate to do it, have no one else there and then what do I do? I have the signs, can't really carry them around the mall with me. Oh well, just got to have faith I guess. I really wish that the people of Fredericton were more activist minded, then perhaps I wouldn't have to worry, more could be counted on. I really believe that once local boys start dying, that people will wake up and realise that this is not the way to resolve conflicts. Then perhaps we will grow. I would love to see dozens of women standing on all four corners of the intersection where we stand. Maybe some day." I whisper.

Are you listening?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home