Friday, September 22, 2006

Women in Black Peace Vigil

"Today we held our second successful peace vigil. By successful, I mean more then me turned up!!!!The previous two only I was there, and as I have been told not to stand alone, I didn't. But today 2 other women joined me, Debi and Claudette. I had notified the local paper about our event and they sent a photographer. I will be interested in seeing if we actually make it into the paper. We had a number of cars honk and wave, well the driver's of the cars did. In one car a young man stuck his head out of the window and barked at us the entire time they were stopped at the red light. That was the only negative incident. The best part of the hour though, was when two men from Iraq stopped and said thank you to us for protesting the war, then a local Quaker stopped to tell us how happy he was to see us out protesting. It made me feel like we are doing something right. Maybe more people will be inspired to stand with us." I whisper.

Are you listening?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home