Friday, August 18, 2006

Friday's Woman

"I decided this week to focus on a famous Canadian I have heard about my whole life. I first knew her through her books and then her art. I have to admit I love her writing far more than her art. This week's Friday's Woman is Emily Carr, best known for her paintings of the west coast forests of Vancouver Island.

Emily Carr was known as an ecentric, she had a pet monkey, travelled among the natives of B.C, raised dogs, ran a bording house and worked as a potter. You can view her paintings at the Virtual Museum I find her paintings dark and forboding, like the rainforests of British Columbia. I absolutely love her books though. You can find a list of them here or read some of them online here. I hope you ejoy them as much as I do." I whisper.

Are you listening?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home