Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Update on my life

"Boy, has life been hectic lately. My kids were suppose to rent a house together with another friend, which would mean no kids at home! We have been waiting on 10 cords of wood that needs to be cut and split, for 4 months. Our tenant did not pay his rent and was evicted. I started a local group of Women in Black.

Well, the kids decided that they couldn't live together. This is a surprise? So my daughter moved home for a few weeks while she gets a place and my son moved out. I thought both were suppose to go!!!!

Our old tenant still hasn't paid his rent, the new one had a problem getting it to us. I was worried we had another bad tenant, but they arrived today and the first thing they did was hand over the rent!!! YES!

On Saturday our wood arrived. Boy 10 cords is a lot of cutting and splitting. Half is for my partner's sister and brother-in-law, the other for us. He will cut and split it all though, his brother-in-law is too frail to do it.

The most stressful and fullfilling part of the past month, though, has been organizing Women in Black. We held our first vigil on Friday, there were three of us and it went really well. Got lots of honks and waves from passing cars and only one "Join the Army". We stand again on the 25 of August and I am sure there will be more with us. It felt good, made us not feel so powerless. A lady I hadn't met before stood with us and will again. I am looking forward to meeting more like minded women." I whisper.

Are you listening?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home