Thursday, August 10, 2006

Pagan Meetup

"Tonight was our monthly meetup for the local pagan community. We have a potluck and sit and talk about anything. I love these get togethers. For the first time in my life I am with like minded people who aren't afraid to discuss those forbidden topics that others avoid. You know the ones I mean, sex, religion, politics and money. These are people who for the most part, aren't afraid to say what they think. The sad thing is that it is only here in the comfort of our group, that some people can fully be themselves. A lot of the wonderful people who attend these get togethers are afraid to let others out there in the "real world" know what their spiritual beliefs are. Oh, it's ok to let others know if you are gay, lesbian or bi. It's ok to have a political viewpoint that doesn't "fit" with those around you, but in this bible belt of Canada some people truly believe that to let your employers know that you aren't Christian or any other "accepted" religion could actually jeopardize your job. That admitting you worship the goddess could put you in physical danger. I must admit part of me finds it hard to believe that people would actually care and then I remember that all around the world humanity is busy killing the "enemy" because they believe something different, worship a different God or follow different religious rules. I really don't understand humans," I whisper.

Are you listening?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home