Saturday, August 05, 2006

Women in Black

"Missed posting Friday's Woman yesterday because I have been busy organizing a local group of Women in Black. This is "a world-wide network of women committed to peace with justice and actively opposed to injustice, war, militarism and other forms of violence (whose) actions often take the form of women wearing black, standing in a publice place in silent, non-violent vigils at regular times and intervals, carrying placards and handing out leaflets." I have been thinking about doing this for well over a year, but the current situation in the Middle East has galvanized me finally to act. I think there has to be a better way of doing things than the current method. I will be interested in seeing how the people of Fredericton react." I whisper.

Are you listening?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home