Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Rumour or Truth

"My friend Faradeh is back from her trip to Iran with her son. She had a good visit, seeing her family and her husband. I asked her how it was there, with the tension between Iran and America, with the war between Israel and Lebanon. She says that things are calm, people are good. She told me how with the cost of oil going up, Iran has more money and is investing it in things like new highways and other infastructure in cities around Iran. She talked about how Iran supported Lebanon(not Hezballoh) with money and arms. Then she surprised me by saying that the United States is planning on, after some future war, dividing Iran into 5 different countries. I wonder where this comes from? Is that what people there are taught? Is there any basis in reality for this belief? What would the American government say? What would our government say?" I whisper.

Are you listening?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home