Sunday, December 24, 2006

Happy Holidays

"I would like to wish all my friends, family and readers a very happy holiday season. I am not christian, but I do celebrate christmas. I love the season, the tree, the food and the gifts. I celebrate because it is my family tradition and I can, with a clear conscience, make it fit in with my own spiritual beliefs. I leave the "christ" out of christmas and see it as a winter celebration, the hope for the returning of the sun and for spring. My tree is decorated in seasonal and pagan symbols, not a christian one in sight! The irony of the christian "christmas" is that it is actually a retelling of a multitude of earlier legends of a sun god born of a virgin and then sacrificed. Regardless of what you believe, I hope that you have a wonderful holiday with lots of good food, great company and are surrounded with love.

Happy Yule, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah!

1 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy holidays!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home