Monday, December 04, 2006

Long Night Moon

"Tonight is the night of the December full moon. Every full moon my partner builds a fire in the fire pit and we sit and watch the moon. The fire pit is in a clearing, a path leads from it deeper into the woods. On the nights of the full moon, she sends her rays down the path lighting it with magic. Tonight the woods were still, muffled in our first real snowfall of the winter. The trees, dark against the sky, had their branches dusted heavily with snow. The fire sent sparks flying out into the night. They would land on the snow and glitter until they were extinguished in a quick burst of light. As I sat there, looking deep into the fire, sipping my tea, I listened to the wind in the trees, felt the odd dusting of snow on my face and felt completely at peace. The moon, beautiful in her fullness shone through the bare trees, sending her light down on such a wonderful world. I am so lucky to live where I live," I whisper.

Are you listening?

1 Comments:

At 7:50 AM, Blogger Tori said...

The moon was still out this morning when I went out shortly after sunrise. The sky was beautiful shades of blue in the west and shades of pink in the east and the moon was big and bright and full. It was amazing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home