Wednesday, January 17, 2007

American Idol

"Okay, so once again I've watched an episode of American Idol. I only watch one or two a season. I find it painful, humilating and extremely sad to watch people do this to themselves. My daughter loves to watch, so I watch with her. But I certainly can't watch an entire season. What would make 99% of the people that try out believe that they look and sound good? What fantasy world do they inhabit that they cannot see themselves clearly? How can their family and friends let them humilate themselves like they do? Why do people feel the need to be the focus of such a spotlight? Do they have no depth to their lives, nothing that enriches them beyond superficial things? I ache for them," I whisper.

Are you listening?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home