Friday, August 17, 2007

Saying Goodbye 2

"Well I need to grovel, it appears. Marilyn's son did his best, trying to fit the funeral together the way his mother wanted it. But with all the strict Baptists in his family, it just wasn't going to work. While talking to his mom's native friends, they suggested holding a memorial for her a few days later. He was so happy. They held it last night. I really wasn't feeling well and so couldn't go, but I talked to him today and he said it was a great experience and went really well. I am learning a lot through this whole experience of loosing a friend. First, don't put off doing things for a later date. It sometimes just doesn't come. Secondly, wait; take a deep breath and wait before jumping to conclusions. Things sometimes turn out better than planned and I have the feeling this did. Marilyn's son gave me a beautiful piece of his mother's pottery to remember her by. She was a wonderful potter, I was always going to buy a piece, sometime soon. Soon never had the opportunity to come, but thanks to his generosity I know have something besides my memories to remember her by. Although I wasn't expecting her death so soon, I did know it was coming and I guess I had come to terms with it, because now, unlike 3 years ago when I lost another friend, my heart is at peace. I know Marilyn would want me to remember her with happiness not sadness." I whisper.

Are you listening?

4 Comments:

At 5:32 PM, Blogger banjonut49 said...

Hi im Marilyns ex husband Brent Farrell. If you want to contact me and talk, let me know on this blog how to contact you. Hope to hear from you

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger rena said...

Hi Brent, this is Rena Marilyn's sister, I saw your comments on the website . Are you listening. It has been a lot of years since we saw each other. I was married to Jim Clements until 2005. If you would like to send him or Laurel and e-mail I bet they would love to hear from you. My e-mail is

rclemence@sympatico.ca


jimclements@sympatico.ca

l.thornton@netscape.ca

I was at her funeral, and it was very sad, she was loved by so many many people. Everyone who came through the visiting line had so many wonderful things to say about her.

 
At 9:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I worked at Marilyn's studio in 1998. I was away in Korea for the past 5 years and I just moved back. I'm sad to hear that she passed away. I have a couple of her bowls and I think of her every time I use them. I wish I was able to come to the funeral to say goodbye. She taught me to grow sunflowers. I was just writing down in a CV that I worked for her, but I was unsure of her name spelling, so I googled her name and I found your blog.
love
Amanda Doucet

 
At 2:08 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Amanda, this is Rena, Marilyn's sister, I always remember the story that she told of the times that you two would be out for dinner somewhere and you would open your mouth with a mouthfull of food, it made her laugh so much. She came to visit me in March of 2007, she stayed here with me for a night, and we laughed as if we were children again sharing the same bed. I also have some of her pottery and every time I use something, I think of her. She was loved by so many

 

Post a Comment

<< Home