Monday, August 13, 2007

Saying Goodbye

"Yesterday was Marilyn's funeral. Last Sunday when I visited her, she talked about what she wanted for her funeral. She and her son had discussed it and she said that he had agreed to what she wanted. She didn't get it. She got what her family wanted and I think she would have been very angry and hurt by what happened. It makes me wonder about funerals. Who are they for, the dead or the living? Should they reflect the life of the deceased or the beliefs of the living? I am not christian, when I die I don't want a christian funeral service. What if my children do, whose wishes should be respected? Maybe I'll tie their inheritance to fullfilling my wishes. I get the funeral service I want, they collect; I don't they don't. Or does it even matter?" I whisper.

Are you listening?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home