Saturday, November 26, 2005

Snow

"It snowed last night. Everything is dusted with a light, sparkling white. It looks like diamonds, scattered over the ground. I walk on it and it crunches beneath my feet, breaking apart as easily as dreams. I wonder, do others grow into their dreams or leave them behind, like remnants of a forgotten world? Mine haunt me, the what ifs and what might have beens pollute my present and lay bare my future as a bleak and void place where the me I am, ceases to be and I become the me that others see.

The snow covers the piles of refuse, the wood heaps, the unkept gardens, making everything presentable. Hiding the dark and showing the light. This is what people do, they pretend they are only half of who they are. They show the side that they want others to see and hide away the darker side that exists in all of us. What would we think if we could truly know the people who are close to us? What would we think? A fascinating site Post Secret lets you lay such dark secrets bare, exposed to the naked light for others to see. In the sharing people find relief. Their secrets no longer haunt them, they realise that they are not alone, that others share their same secret, that others have a dark side too. What is hidden in your darkness? Are you willing to look into mine?" I whisper.

Are you listening?

1 Comments:

At 10:30 PM, Blogger Tapi said...

Beautifully written.

To use astronomy terms perhaps bodies that are close together always present the same side from the standpoint of the observer due to tidal locking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home