Thursday, December 22, 2005

Update

"Well, Dorothy is home. The anti siezure medications appears to be working and so she was released from the hospital yesterday. Her husband, daughters and dog Bailey are very happy to have her home. I am taking a meal over on Friday evening, so we can spend time together. She is suppose to take it easy and as they are unable to come to our house for the planned meal, it will come to them!

Sarah visited her friend Johnny in the hospital in St. John yesterday. He is out of the coma and the breathing tube has been removed. He is sitting up and able to walk a little. It appears that his head injury has left him in a similar position to a stroke victim. His right side is impacted and he has no control over that side. He cannot speak, but Sarah does not know if that is due to his brain injury or the fact that the breathing tube was inserted twice and his throat is inflamed. today she went to the impound lot and retrieved his belongings from his car. His parents could not face doing that. Seeing the mashed and cut up vehicle would hurt too much. I know Sarah found it difficult too.

Everything is almost ready for christmas. Have two gifts to get, presents to wrap and sugar cookies to bake. Then clean the house, make some eggnog and sit back with a good book and Peter, Paul and Mary's christmas concert in the vcr and I will be content. We are not suppose to get anymore snow, but we will have a white christmas, the best kind. Sarah will be home for christmas eve and christmas day. I t will be nice to see her for more than a few minutes at a time. My son Phillip works christmas day, 2pm until 10pm, so we will have our dinner at noon.

Have been tutoring once a week now for a month. Really like the young lady. Today we went to the mall. She is very shy in public. Hates the fact that people stare at her. As she is muslim, she keeps her hair covered and wears a coat clear to the ground. I think she is an intelligent, brave young woman, coping well in a world unlike her own. I am not sure I would be so brave in a country where I did not speak the language and where the customs were so different.

Changing how you live and where you are going in life is like travelling to a new country. You aren't sure of the directions, you don't necessarily speak the language and you aren't sure of the people. But you go anyway because you must. I feel like I am on a journey, the travel is hard but interesting and I am meeting fascinating people along the way. Some are just in passing, others I hope will be friends for a very long time. Are you one of them?" I whisper.

Are you listening?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home