Monday, January 30, 2006

Crisis

"My daughter called. Her 2 roommates are moving out. One is bi-polar and nothing but trouble, so this is a good thing. The other young woman chooses to follow her roomate rather than stay with my daughter and so is also going. The problem is, they are not giving a months notice and so Sarah is left holding the bag, so to speak. Their rent is $850 and Sarah has no way to get that money in 2 days.

She is being very adult about the situation. She has called the landlord and explained things to him, she is advertising for new roommates and she is not sitting around wallowing in self pity. She got up and applied for a job today. Yes, she is also currently unemployed. She has handed out dozens of resumes and job applications and has had a couple of calls and an interview. Hopefully, she will be gainfully employed soon.

As a parent it is so difficult to sit back and watch your child suffer. However, we learn through suffering and I am sure that Sarah is learning lots of lessons these days. I won't pay her rent, that's her responsiblity, but I did pay for the ad in the paper. I hope that she gets a good response and is able to find some compatible people to share with. I don't know what she will do if she doesn't. All I can do is support her, listen to her and love her." I whisper.

Are you listening?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home