Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Postcrossing

"I belong to postcrossing.com, a postcard exchange group. You register, get someone's name and address and send them a postcard. Someone else gets your name and sends you one. Soon you are exchanging postcards with people from around the world. I have received postcards from Finland, Spain, Portugal, Germany, England, Brazil and the United States. I have sent cards to the same countries as well as to Hong Kong. Even though I have received more than one card from some of the countries, each postcard is unique as is the comments of the senders.

Of the cards I have sent, some people don't seem to care what kind they get, others collect certain types, others seem more interested in the message. One man wants to know something about each of the people that send him cards, that no one else knows. A woman I just mailed a card to collects quotes. I sent her this one by Carl Jung, "Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who
looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens."

This is a delightful way to meet people, share your part of the world with the rest of the world, and learn about other places and why they are important to those who live there. I am posting the postcards I receive on my flickr site. Feel free to visit", I whisper.

Are you listening?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home