Monday, January 09, 2006

Memories

"As well as my digital camera, for christmas I received a special gift which came complete with memories. My mother sent me the christmas candy dish that graced our coffee table every christmas throughout my childhood. She had it long before I was born and I am so grateful to her for sharing it with me. As I packed up all the christmas things yesterday I was keenly aware of where all my treasures came from. My daughter has given me many of my santas, my mother most of the decorations I haven't bought for myself. The odd little treasure I have received from others who have been important to me in my life.


This little fellow I received tied to a package when I was about 7 or 8. He came from my Aunt Roxie in El Dorado, Kansas. I can't remember what the present was, but I still have my little elf.





The star my mom bought for herself in 1944 or 1945. She had 4 of them and shared them with her three girls, keeping one for herself. Again something I really value.





And here is my candy dish. I will treasure it forever because it is a piece of my childhood and brings back wonderful memories of ribbon candy, falling snow and fires in the fireplace. May your christmas memories all be as sweet," I whisper.


Are you listening?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home