Saturday, January 07, 2006

Going Digital

"For christmas I received a digital camera. It's a Panasonic 4.0 megapixels, 3x optical zoom. There is a definite learning curve to using one of these. The biggest difference is getting used to not having a lens finder. Lining things up in the screen is very different than the old fashion way.

There were a number of reasons why I wanted to go digital, the main one though was for environmental reasons. After reading on Ideal Bite how environmentally friendly digital cameras are, I decided that it was what I wanted. As well, there is the added convience of being able to directly import pictures to your computor, instead of developing and then scanning them in. The environmentally friendly aspect kicks in when you consider all the chemicals you are not using when you don't print all those really bad pictures you have taken, and the ink used to print from a memory chip is different and more environmentally friendly than that used to print from film. Altogether a positive choice.

My first attempts at picture taking have been various christmas ornaments I have. My partner made me a 4 foot high wooden Grinch for christmas and a six foot wooden tree. I have taken pictures of them and some of my santas and am now learning how to use the various programs that came with the camera. The next thing is to get a good picture of me taken so I can add it to this site as well as a number of others I have. Have already consigned a number to the garbage can that didn't quite make the grade!! Love that, just chuck them if they don't turn out.

I think I will enjoy this new camera and the opportunities it brings. Maybe I will share some pictures here, if they are good",I whisper.

Are you listening?

1 Comments:

At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice picture of you you take good shots you are too hard on yourself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home