Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Corn Moon

"Last night was the full moon. It was a beautiful, clear evening. My partner build a fire in our fire pit, we took our evening cups of green tea and I brought my drum and we went down to watch Her rise in the night sky. It was so peaceful sitting there among the trees, watching the fire, with just a gentle breeze blowing. It was a lovely warm night. The wind played in the trees, I beat my drum and watched the flames dance in the fire. As the hour past and the moon rose, I heard an owl call. It is the first time in over a year of waiting on the full moon, that I have heard an owl. Chills ran up my spine. It made the night perfect. We walked down the path to where we could see Her in all her glory. I greeted Her and thanked Her for being there. A few wisps of clouds past over Her face, we turned and went back to the house, where one light shone, leading us home. Blessed Be", I whisper.

Are you listening?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home