Saturday, January 14, 2006

Helpless and Hopeless

"My mother thinks I am depressed and should be on medication. I looked up the signs of clinical depression and I only have one "feeling worthless, helpless or hopeless". And I don't feel worthless, just "helpless and hopeless". That makes me believe that I am not depressed. I'm not, I am realistic. I see my situation as hopeless and myself helpless to do anything about it. I am in a relationship where every aspect except one is good. We are compatible, we like the same things, we love each other and we have goals together. In only one area are there problems, and there appears to be no solution that is acceptable to both of us. I cannot continue living with this situation and he cannot accept the solution I have. Like I said in a previous blog, who decides who gets hurt? If we continue this way, I am hurt on a regular basis. He won't consider my solution, because he believes it will hurt him. If we split up, we both get hurt. I lose the best friend I have ever had, he loses the same. How can a situation like this be resolved if no compromises can be made," I whisper.

Are you listening?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home