Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Outrage

"I am one of those people who should never watch the news before I go to bed. There is always a story that upsets me to some degree or another. Tonight it was the Japanese harvesting whales for "scientific" reasons. The fact that they sell the meat in stores for consumption by their citizens and that the whaling industry brings in $47 MILLION a year is considered irrelevant in their arguements as to why they should be allowed to kill whales.

Here are a couple of links to various news articles on the issue. National News from New Zealand,on stuff.co.nz. The Independent - online edition from Great Britain.

I can not understand why anyone would want to kill and endanger the existence of the few remaining whales. Actually as the title of this blog suggests I am outraged by the whole idea. The video that I saw on the National tonight was disgusting. According to various sources it took over 10 minutes for the animal to die. If that was a human we would consider it torture. Perhaps those of us that are outrage by the actions of the Japanese would have more impact than does Greenpeace, if we boycotted all things Japanese until they cease whaling at all. What do you think?" I whisper.

Are you listening?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home