Sunday, August 24, 2008

A Hard Week

"This has been a hard week for me. I am finding having my mother live with us very difficult. I guess, in my heart of hearts, I thought that over the years she might have changed. She hasn't. She is still the same, self-centred, opiniated, always thinking she is right, wanting to be the centre of attention, manipulative woman she has always been. My daughter wonders why I would think she might have changed. I have and I believe people can. I quess my mother doesn't want to. I believe she thinks that if she changes, that will invalidate her life. She will have to admit that maybe she wasn't always right or correct in what she did. I find it very sad. I believe that we are here to learn and grow. What then is a person's life worth if they have never grown at all,"I whisper.

Are you listening?

1 Comments:

At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Alisa ,
i found your blog frm your postcrossing profile (sent you a card ) and i am listening . We are about the same age and my mother is 88 years old . Though i live 300km frm my mother and see her rarely i know just how you feel . And yet my 88 year old mother is fragile and getting weaker all the time and i feel bad not seeing her often enough.

I wish you have got yourself some time of your own and everything is fine .

Wish you well !

Paiviellen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home