Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Sarah

" Today is my daughter Sarah's 20th birthday. The expression "Time Flies" is oh, so true when you are a parent. You notice that one day your baby is all grown up and you wonder where the time went. Where did that tiny child who so delighted you go? Instead in her place is a lovely young woman, just finding her way in this complicated world and doing it with such strength and grace.

Sarah came into this world during one of Victoria's rare snows. She weighed 8lbs, 6 oz. and she was wide awake and raring to go from that very first moment. I remember my mother holding her and laughing. Sarah was a delight and full of fun and enthusiasm from the very first. She has never stopped being fascinated with those around her. When Sarah was little, my sister said that she was the only 3 year old she knew, who could look an adult straight in the eye.

Sarah cares about the people she knows and always has. In grade school she would regularily bring one little boy home for lunch. He wouldn't have any and she wanted to share what she had. Through out her growing up she has rescued strays, befriended the lost and counselled those in chaos. She is a caring, genourous young woman who will always march to her own drum, a challange to some and a joy to others and I am proud to know her. I would like and admire her even if she weren't my daughter.

Sarah's take on turning 20 is, "I'm half way to 40!" The way I see it is she is half way to being the wonderful woman she is becoming and I wish her the best in the next 20 years of her life and all those that come after. Have a wonderful birthday Sarah, I love you", I whisper.

Are you listening?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home