Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Sick

"I'm sick, I have a cold, one of those deep in your chest, make you hack and cough colds. When I get sick I also get physically cold. A deep to the bone cold that doesn't go away until I have a long hot shower. I am also fighting a headache that woke me up off and on all night. So being as miserable as I am today, this is what you get, basically a rant about being sick. I hope it goes away before Christmas. I hate being sick on holidays, there is always so much to get done and never enought time. So I think I will go make myself a nice cup of tea, have a couple of cookies and start my christmas cards. I will be watching my mailbox, will you send me one?" I whisper.

Are you listening?

3 Comments:

At 12:32 AM, Blogger Tapi said...

things to do? on hollidays? you must mean that wonderful egg nog you make ;)

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Alisa said...

Hi Paddy, Yes I will make eggnog! In fact you've made me thirsty for some, so here is the recipe now that I have it out. You can make some and drink it and think of me!! Merry Christmas!

6 large eggs - seperated
1/2 cup sugar or to taste
1 cup brandy
1/3 cup rum
2 cups milk
2 cups whipped cream
Nutmeg

Beat egg yolks until thick. Add sugar and liquor. Cover and chill. Stir in milk and fold in whipped cream and beaten egg whites. Serve with nutmeg sprinkled on top.
Enjoy!

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Tapi said...

That was much easier than asking for it ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home