Thursday, December 01, 2005

Time

" Today is the first of December. Another year has come and almost gone. As I mentioned in yesterday's post time does indeed seem to fly. The older you get, the faster it seems to go until minutes blend into hours blend into days blend into weeks blend into months blend into years and a huge part of your life is gone and you have no idea where it went. Then you wake up and realise that if something doesn't change, the rest of your life will vanish in exactly the same way.

How do you begin to slow time down? Is it possible? Or is what is needed, is just for you to "wake up" and realise that your life is ticking away second by second. That what is past is truly gone and cannot be reclaimed or that what is in the future will always be the future. In my second posting, I mentioned a book Wherever You Go There You Are. I am slowly making my way through it. It is a book on meditation and basically the premise is, as I understand it so far, that if you stop and just become aware of this moment, right now, without judging or wanting, you will begin living more in the present and therefore your life will not escape you. You will actually have more time, because you are more aware of time.

I have also found that when I actually do something, rather than just read, daydream or surf the web, that my days seem longer and I have accomplished more. I have, in effect, given myself more time. I wonder if others think of things like this?", I whisper.

Are you listening?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home