Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Technology

"I fought technology my whole life until I discovered the computor. I only got a bank card because my bank began to shut at 4 pm and I worked until 6pm and was unable to do my banking. I kept my rotary phone long past the time it should have been replaced, got a dish washer only because my partner and I got tired of doing dishes for our family plus all the daycare children I took care of. The microwave came into our lives with great reluctance too. And yet now I accept all this not only with no reluctance but with great enthusiasm all because I acquired a computor.

I can't remember what prompted me to want a computor, but I can say that having one and being linked to the internet, has changed my whole life. I can write this blog. I keep my genealogical records on this computor, I do research on line that would take me months if not years to do otherwise. I can design my website and maintain it thanks to a computor. I do my banking online. I can write to people thanks to email, and those who have email do get letters on a regular basis, unlike those who still only use snail mail!

The possibilities are endless when it comes to technology and I for one am grateful to have finally embraced it. As time goes by I am sure that the computor and the internet will add even more to our lives. Just last month,thanks to computors, I started to talk to people online. I talk to my friend in Victoria, I talk to a young girl in Austria who is studing English and a man in Romania who wants to learn about Canada. I talk to friends right here in New Brunswick and I would talk to you, if you want to talk to me", I whisper.

Are you listening?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home